Should I assert myself???

over 13 years ago

I got a new job almost 3 months ago managing two programs. One is great the other there is so much resistance to anything I say or try to implement. I am considering just putting it to them and advising them that things are going to change and that maybe they need to rethink whether they are suited to their roles. I have tried to play nice and they have got worse I will try and think about how to say this as nicely as possible but think its got to the point I have to assert myself now. Are my feelings correct should I assert myself?

over 13 years ago
psychic_n_healer's photo

Love ❦ Soulmate Expert (psychic_n_healer)

242 posts

Hey cathy,

I see lot of confusion your carrying in your mind. Be focus on what you do. for further assistance contact me.

blessings

over 13 years ago
angel34 didn't upload a photo

angel (angel34)

416 posts

The first thing if you are in charge then yes you need to be assertive and ensure things are running smoothly. The first thing you must do is sit down with all parties concerned and have a meeting and explain to them where they are going wrong this is called constructive feedback. It is also important to point out the positive stuff as well. If you work in a team environment then explaining there is no I in team is important. What part of the programme is important and who does it affect the most if people don’t work together making this known may actually get these people to see how their actions affect others and the outcome of the programme. Be honest and upfront is good but what you say and how you say it is most important and can be the difference in how and if people respect you. A good way to look at this look back to where you have worked previously can you remember a person in charge you had a lot of respect for because of how they treated others and dealt with situations look to how they were to give you an idea of how to handle this as how you handle this is the key to success.

Best of luck

over 13 years ago
jaden didn't upload a photo

Jaden Parker (jaden)

40 posts

hi hun, from what i am picking up without your d.o.b is that your feelings are right yes but remember for every action there is always a re-action, if you would like to call me for a live chat i would be more then happy to go into details with you on everything first 5mins free! please provide d.o.b Many Blessings Jaden!