How accurate

over 4 years ago

This is a general question for anyone who wants to answer…..I looked up timeframes online according to the suits in tarot. Swords: weeks/fall, Wands: days/spring, Cups: months/summer and Pentacles: years/winter…...when your give timeframes, if you do…..how accurate do you feel about them? Im still learning to read…..I have the basics but when I read for others and they ask for timeframes…..I would like to give accuracy if I can….or should I go by my intuition?

over 4 years ago
psychicshasha's photo

Love Psychic Shasha (psychicshasha)

318 posts

your tarot cards are a tool it is our intuition must listen to to receive accuracy and that what our customers come here for our gifts to what spirit guide or our third eye tells us

over 4 years ago

Ok. Thanks.

over 4 years ago

Im sure many see it as an excuse but thats really not my problem, I dont believe in exact time frames because we do have free will and circumstances change. Thats common sense.

If I see your ex coming back to you, what I mean is that he wants to come back, I feel him longing for you and being drawn back to you and that urge is strong, I usually tell people that it will be sooner than later, probably a few weeks to a few months because I feel it very strongly and It will happen.

Problem is I have told clients in the past, Oh I see him calling you tonight which was true but then this one guy didnt call that night, turns out he fell asleep intending to call and she claimed I was fake because of that…it was a big deal, she came to my house knocking on my door, screaming I was fake to my neighbors and all because he fell asleep and the circumstances changed.

Many clients want us to be perfect. One got mad at me last night for not remembering that she paid me $50, I thought it was a $10 (it was 3 months ago) Im like, ok so it was $50? So she proceeds to call me names and be abusive because I forgot.

I digress.

The point is, With readings regardless of the method, we can only reach a certain conclusion based on what we see/feel in that moment, its not an excuse, Its just the way it is. But you can still be super accurate on the question, will I get the job, YES, will my ex come back? YES

Hope that I helped, Im a bit rambly today. Ps, always go by intuition—Most clients arent paying you for a by the book tarot reading, they probably can do that themselves, they want YOUR insights. (should you choose to become a reader for others I mean of course, which I think you will)

:)

over 4 years ago

Thanks Terry. And I do use my intuition as well. Im sorry you had 2 go thru that. That must have sucked. And yes, I am doing readings…..mostly oracle readings, i get the basis of tarot but im still learning. I feel more comfortable with oracle. And no way am I on any level of professionalism as a lot of you guys on here but my goal is to become better and more confident. The readings I’ve given thus far, have been pretty on point…..this being told by a few people. I can also read pictures pretty well. Im still developing my skills and look forward to any advice given. I will definitely go with my intuition when it comes to timeframes and give the best readings I can.

over 4 years ago

Like Terry, I do NOT provide time frames in my readings ever. I don’t even try because I don’t believe it’s something that I personally can accurately pinpointed. I don’t believe I can provide them accurately because they can change so drastically with any decision or action. The thing is, I know how closely people hang on to the things we tell them and when you are waiting on something that important to you, even a day can be a big deal. I mention it in my profile and people still ask me for them. After telling them I don’t get them they will still as me to “try”. I understand wanting to know but if someone is being professional enough and honest enough to be straight and the tell them to “try anyway”... I feel like it’s a slap in the face. Those are the same kind of people that just don’t want to hear no and give you a negative review because you are telling them something they don’t want to hear.

My favorite response is “well another reader or so and so told me xyz”...

Bottom line, Jess, is that even the most seasoned readers all have different strengths and their own ways of harnessing their gifts. Tarot cards are just a tool. A book on tarot is just the writers interpretation the symbolism in the cards. I’m not telling you not to study the tarot, but I am telling you to develop your own relationship with the cards if you are going to use them as your method of reading. As Terry mentioned as well…anyone can look up the “meaning” of the cards, but that’s not giving a card reading though. The cards all have a book representation, but the relationships to the other cards around each other in a spread also have an impact on each other and how they are can be interpreted together like single words versus a sentence of words.

Every advisor is different and we all start somewhere. Knowing the “book” meanings of the cards are just a place to start. The first class I took on tarot was an intuitive reading class. The teacher, who I ended up working for years later, encouraged her students not to study tarot books first but to look at the cards and start determining your own impressions before reading a book. Start journal and take notes of your own impressions of the cards, and then cross check it to a written book if you want confirmation or validation. It’s not an exact science mama and it takes time. I would really encourage you to keep your cards with you as much as you can when they are new. Carry them with you. Sleep with them under you pillow at night. That is what my first mentors suggested and I didn’t understand until years later when I noticed the connection you make to a deck. It’s all about energy. Don’t listen to any of the myths or superstitions that people with no education in the field talk about. I’ve seen so called “professionals”,even in these very message boards on this site, encouraging and agreeing with superstitions! I read a whole thread last week started by client and a “professional” reader here was making statements that showed how little she knew of the history of her own craft…one she is using to advise others and charging a pretty penny at that. My point in this venting is to do your research. Know your craft if you are going to be advising for others because take our words VERY seriously. Sorry for the rant! I am passionate because it’s phony people like the person I mentioned that give us all a bad name. It takes time to to earn respect in this field, but it’s worth it. Good luck! :)

over 4 years ago

Thanks Pixie. I will definitely take what you said and apply it. Any advice is definitely welcome. Love n light