Business Improvement through Lean Techniques
I run a successful Business Consultancy which helps mainly SME’s improve their bottom line performance. By analysing their current working practices and completing a short "Business Healthcheck" questionnaire, I am able to act as an additional resource in defining bespoke solutions to improve any areas that are not performing as they should. Using Lean techniques I am able to offer Businesses the opportunity to work smarter and increase productivity across all areas. This applies to all Business Sectors. Techniques employed include (but not limited to) 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Kanban, SMED, Poke-Yoke, JIT, etc.
In addition to my business knowledge, I am also heavily involved with Children’s Football(Soccer) in Scotland. As well as being a qualified Coach and running two teams (kids born 1995 and 2004), I am also Secretary and Administrator for West Lothian Soccer Development which gives me an insight into the structure and administration of the game across Scotland and beyond
BSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering
A Manufacturing Operations Director with a sustained record of achievement in general management, strategy formulation and project management. I have vast experience of formulating and implementing strategic plans and achieving objectives. I have also focused on restructuring of organisations and resources to achieve efficiency, growth and good management. A good communicator, with first class interpersonal skills, and an effective team leader, I have highly developed analytical skills and experience of defining and introducing systems and controls.
I currently run my own Consultancy business (Hands-On Business Solutions)offering business advice to SME organisations. My main aim is to service those SME companies who wish to develop or stabilise their organisation but either don’t have the resource or knowledge to do so. Key Achievements (with Clients)
• Introduced and developed new Procedures and associated Documentation
• Generated Profit & Loss forecasts for the next 2 years
• Implemented new costing methods which in turn focussed on the accuracy of all Quotes
• Created a new Production Planning system to improve efficiency
• Produced a marketing strategy to increase turnover from new and existing customers
Prior to that I was a multi-site Plant Manager for a multi-national packaging company managing 3 Production sites (Scotland, England & Wales)with overall Profit and Loss control of the Plants. Reporting to the Manufacturing Director with direct reports from Production Manager, Plant Services Co-ordinator, QA and Environmental Manager, Engineering Manager, Purchasing Manager and Customer Services
• Introduced, implemented and developed lean manufacturing across the sites
• Developed instrumental KPI’s across Production (downtime, scrap, utilisation, cycle times, etc.)
• Key member in introducing a new ERP system
• Improve Customer Services techniques and OTIF
• Drive Health and Safety as top priority throughout the sites and introduced behavioural elements throughout the shop floor
• Implement a new transport and haulage system
• Demonstrate that all techniques learned in Electronics can be applied across other sectors
Previously, I had worked as an Operations Director with a Contract Electronic Manufacturer servicing Automotive, Defence and Telecommunications.
Overall Profit and Loss control of the Contract Electronic Business unit reporting directly to the Managing Director receiving direct reports from the Manufacturing Manager,Business Development Manager, Materials Manager and the NPI Manager.
• Re-designed, introduced and implemented a new methodology for operations that allowed a cost reduction of £163k pa in the manufacturing cost base
• Created, developed and managed an instantaneous delivery culture which improved our On Time In Full deliveries by 19%
• Created and introduced an analysis of inventory and the restructuring of the supplier base
I am also involved in Youth and Kids football(Soccer) and am a qulaified Coach and Administrator
Sports > Football (Soccer)
Business & Finance > Customer Service
Media: Audio Call,
Local Time: (GMT+00:00) May 25, 2013, 05:01PM
Location: Livingston, Scotland, UK (Find on Google Maps)
Last seen: more than a month ago