Car Update

over 13 years ago
neptune didn't upload a photo

neptune

8 posts

Hi All

My car is almost thirty years old and is starting to become a lemon with everything breaking down on it and parts are hard to find…..Im wondering if there is any extra money coming in from somewhere that might help me update this vehicle. Im retired so a loan is not a viable issue

over 13 years ago
angel34 didn't upload a photo

angel (angel34)

416 posts

Have you thought about bartering which means to exchange perhaps there is someone out there that collects old cars that could be of assistance put an ad on a notice board, in the paper have you tried selling your but instead of getting money doing a swap with someone that loves to do old cars up my grandfather used to way back before his passing do old cars up so maybe this might be an option for you. Have you thought about perhaps entering competitions to win a car there are so many options besides borrowing money to get what you want in life.

Best of luck

over 13 years ago

neptune

8 posts

The car is worth only $500.00 and bartering for another car for which you don’t know what condition you will get from them is hard and it is something we do not do much in this country. Not many people want to swap something good for something that they need to spend a bit of money on. And yes, Ibuy my weekly lotto ticket and car raffles that come along…but I don’t seemed to get past winnings of $12.00 Thank you for your time

over 13 years ago

Merry Meet Neptune,

If I knew what the specs are on the car and all that is wrong with it I may be able to come up with a few possible solutions for you.

You are talking about a Classic Car here

Priestess Kandi Ranson

over 13 years ago

neptune

8 posts

Thank you for your reply…

not classic at all…standard 1987 honda. Let see …..power steering rack worth $1200 second hand needs replacing. Power steering hose/line needs replacing. Over $200 new. Oil leaks need to be fixed. Rust developing around left rear tailight section needs fixing. Car airconditioner keeps losing gas….needs fixing….that is just some of the things…..there is about $3000 plus in parts and labor and I have just recently put in a $1000 in parts and labor. I just don’t want to keep throwing money into it , if I know there is some light on the horizon that will help me out

over 13 years ago

neptune

8 posts

I thought I would “Bump” this post again to see if anyone is able to give me a heads up