I'm in a rut with living arrangements

over 12 years ago

So, I’ve come to terms that I’m ready to move out and be on my own; I’m 23 for goodness sake! This is the thing, I’m living with my mom and it was insisted that I move in with my grandmother for housing. I’m looking at my career and transportaion. Once I get stable on my career situation, than I know I’m going to have to move to the city. I currently live in a dead-end town with little to do. Transportation is a problem and no bus transits run where I live. At this current moment, I’m out of a job and actively seeking employment, but no jobs are hiring in my area that suits me. At this point, I want to move to the city for better when it comes to employment and transportation. I have applied for government assisting, but no one has contacted me back yet about that. I’m very skeptical about getting a room mate and living with someone I don’t know personally. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions because I’m stuck?

over 12 years ago

Debbie I took you advice about housing and I applied about um 2 or 3 years ago. You know how that works when you trying to get housing authority. I just want better and I can’t get better here; Not where I’m at. This isn’t like my first time moving back to the city; As in, I use to live there years ago.

over 12 years ago
angel90 didn't upload a photo

Debbie (angel90)

399 posts

Chloe

Keep making contact with the housing people persistance pays off. I would be looking at carpooling as an option for transport and temp work through an agency. Go into your local unemployment office and speak with them in regards to employment that conversation could very well be what gets your cv forwarded for jobs. Don’t give up it can be sorted just gotta get creative to solve problems remember the carpooling is just till you move so ask around where you live. Ask friends if they would like to go flatting who better than people you know. Don’t discard ideas remember they are stepping stones to better things down the track