Why?

over 12 years ago
irishhoney didn't upload a photo

irishhoney

20 posts

Why do my parents favour my sister so much, even my brother is fed up of everything always being about her and can now see how unfair they are being – even with him too! Its my birthday soon and they cant even confirm that they will come for dinner yet my sister is being lavished with attention as usual. I just want a simple yes or no to dinner but they cant even give me that.

over 12 years ago
cfairleight's photo

Constance Fairleight (cfairleight)

12 posts

Hello :) It feels as though your parents are trying to make up for something that they feel they have been slack in with your sister or even things that they feel they didnt get right with you and your brother. Does she have “special needs”? There is a definite difference in her energy compared to yours and your brothers. Look at their motivation, what need are they trying to achieve with her? Does she give them more of a feeling of significance that you and your brother, even if it is false? They are holding on to something that is causing them guilt and anguish. Not sure of what exactly but there is a blockage there for both of them.

over 12 years ago
angel90 didn't upload a photo

Debbie (angel90)

399 posts

I know exactly how your feeling just don’t let it destroy you inside. Give your parents the invitation and let them make up their minds if they show great if they don’t it’s their loss they are the ones with the problem. You could always voice how you feel to them say Do you know how you make me feel when you

And then tell them the truth perhaps they don’t realise.

I disowned the family that raised me because of something similar but worse so I certainly know where your coming from it quite common and as stated don’t let it destroy you internally

over 12 years ago
pennyclarkbabson didn't upload a photo

Penny Clark (pennyclarkbabson)

181 posts

I am seeing alot here with this and alot on your parents end that they have neede dto explain to you. call me in live chat and lets talk about this