update

over 13 years ago

I am back home, oh how i missed my mom. Still haven’t heard back from outpatients clinic, give until tomorrow and might just have to call. Pain is so so, I have good days and not so good days, but last time I was at the ER they gave me good meds, so I take them only when I really have to for they are very strong. But they do, do the job, or atleast put me to sleep. But right now I just don’t know what to do anymore, I am just so frusterated, my worry is next time i have a really bad pain attack what do I do, I don’t really want to go to the ER because it seems like i am just wasting their time there. So hoping to hear something from the clinic and still waiting for my MRI… I hope one of these tests will show what is going on.. tired of everything coming back as normal…

over 13 years ago
angel34 didn't upload a photo

angel (angel34)

416 posts

Hi

Normal results are a good thing have you asked to be checked to see if one of the surgeons left something inside you by mistake. I have been told that the pain you are going through is normal for the type of operation you had done and this came from someone who works at a hospital so take the normal results as a good thing it maybe that your body is having a hard time accepting the loss of an organ so I guess take the meds for the pain and wait for the tests to be over but as I said surgeons have been known to leave things inside patients by mistake have this eliminated as this maybe why you are in pain.

over 13 years ago

nope nothing left in me, they check that off the list. Because of the abnormalities in the blood test there is something going on they just can’t pin point what the issue is. for the first month or so, ya we could say it was my body adjusting, but by now it should have adjusted.

over 13 years ago

angel (angel34)

416 posts

Have a read of this it might shed some light gall stones in your bile duct as a suggestion

http://www.treasures.co.nz/Community/Forum/Room/Topic/?topicId=33920

over 13 years ago

{{HUG}} thanks

over 13 years ago
miko didn't upload a photo

miko fox (miko)

279 posts

i just read some of the comments on that link. this does sound like a logical explanation. karen,try to bring this up the next time you are around a doctor.

over 13 years ago
ms.carmella didn't upload a photo

MS.CARMELLA (ms.carmella)

48 posts

contact me dear i see alot new in store

over 13 years ago

phoned the hospital today about the outpatient clinic not calling me like they said.. it’s been two weeks, and last night was a very bad pain night. Hospital has to pull my records and will be calling me tomorrow (wednesday) about what is going on…. really…...

over 13 years ago

angel (angel34)

416 posts

Hi Karen

Glad to see you taking that first important step and now things have a chance of getting better for you don’t give up without a fight remember you have a right to proper health care.

over 13 years ago

It’s been a long fight. And last night pain was a reminder that this fight isn’t over. I just want answers… and I am not getting them. This has been along hard fight, and very much at the end of my rope right now

over 13 years ago

It’s been a long fight. And last night pain was a reminder that this fight isn’t over. I just want answers… and I am not getting them. This has been along hard fight, and very much at the end of my rope right now

over 13 years ago

over 13 years ago

angel (angel34)

416 posts

Karen go to the emergency and tell them you think that the pain that you are experiencing is stones in your bile duct I said to read that stuff on that link I found it to be very enlightening and stones in your bile duct is what stood out make some noise at the hospital refuse to leave until you get some answers as this pain needs to be dealt with sitting around complaining does nothing being proactive does. I should know my options just opened up today with my own problems because I have been proactive ringing that clinic is not enough fronting up to the hospital is now the only way to get this dealt with. Make a lot of noise you have a right to decent health care stop procrastinating and get off your bum and go to that hospital print off those pages on that website and take them with you now it is time to steer this ship in the direction you want at present others are steering this ship. Grow some balls in a matter of speaking and stand up for your rights to decent health care stop letting others walk all over you as this is what is happening at present and you are just letting it.

over 13 years ago

I will for sure print out that form and bring it in with me. I really don’t want to have to go back to the Er.. just came across as I was using up peoples time when there were people worse off then me. So here is to hopping that the outpatient clinic will call today like they said they will, or not!!!! And yes i do let people just walk over me, always kind of been that way. I know your getting frusterad just as much as I am. I do have the right to good health care, but it’s hard when no one finds anything wrong… So feel like just crossing the boarder and going to the USA….

over 13 years ago

angel (angel34)

416 posts

Karen

GO BACK TO THE ER AND STOP FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF AND STOP THINKING THAT OTHERS ARE WORSE OFF THAN YOU THERE AND DESERVE TO BE TREATED AND NOT YOU.

You need to do this now not wait for others to get off their ass and help you.

You have a right to decent health care so how about being proactive and not procrastinate as that is what you are doing.

What frustrates me is that you are not doing anything you are just letting these people walk all over you and let you remain in pain. Get off your bum and do something about this do not wait another minute. You have the ability to think for yourself stop letting others do that for you. How are you going to be when you raise a child grow some balls in a matter of speaking this is good practice for when you have children as when that happens you need to be leading by example and do you really want a child to think it is ok for people to walk all over them.

I am talking from experience my problems are being dealt with because I am being proactive I sought help and very good advice and because of this I have 2 job interviews I did not sit on my ass and do nothing I have even had my options open up about my living situation because I got off my ass and did something I did not let people walk all over me.

Complaining on here will not get you better it may relieve the frustration but it will not get rid of that pain only going and making a lot of noise to the ER will waiting for others bad idea never wait for others when it comes to your health.

over 13 years ago

I have a consult to go to on Dec.29… lates of my posts. Take care angel, and sorry