How do you know....

over 6 years ago

The Sibyl, what a great explanation. Makes total sense. That’s why I appreciate readings with advisors that tell you what they see but give you advice on how to stay on track for the outcome.

over 6 years ago
thesibyl's photo

The Sibyl (thesibyl)

24 posts

I’m glad you think that way, Just a Girl. And that’s the way of getting the most out of a reading, at least with my working style! :D

over 6 years ago
icks13 didn't upload a photo

Atropos (icks13)

64 posts

@The Sibyl _As a reader, I find it terrible when a client says “but all the other readers said that…” If you have already got an answer from all the other readers, why are you still asking?

I’m going to play the Devil’s advocate here, but from my experience, when a client keeps insisting on having the same question answered over and over again with the same answer and keeps looking, it is because there is something inside you that makes you think it doesn’t feel right._

Most of the time it’s not this. Most of the time the client is in pain and no matter what psychics says, he/she looks for furthermore security and confirms in new readings, it’s psychological, especially when clients come from bad experiences with some psychic. It’s an addiction.

over 6 years ago
thesibyl's photo

The Sibyl (thesibyl)

24 posts

Alone, I partially agree to that. Personally, I do not encourage “confirmation” readings because of this. Addiction can be lucrative, but it is not beneficial for anyone.

This is a complex topic and there are many factors that affect the situation.

On the one hand, not everyone is ready to give the bad news, and that fear increases where the other part involved is not willing to hear the bad news.

If you want to know whether a reader is feeling forced to sugarcoat your reading or not, try to review the reading and ask yourself the following points:

- Have you rephrased your question several times?

- Did the reader give you a favourable outcome from the beginning or the reading became progressively more appealing?

These are indicators of a reader that feels forced to sugarcoat a reading.

The result is usually a feeling of confusion and that need for clarification that I was telling you about earlier, and that’s what I meant with this feeling of something is “wrong”.

As for the reading addiction, personally I tend to decline clients with overly repetitive questions because it comes a point where I think I can’t offer further help. However, it is difficult to track an addiction when a client is consulting several readers.