why?

over 6 years ago
pinkandpurpleaura's photo

Jenny Star (pinkandpurpleaura)

126 posts

why is it when I meet a potential boyfriend they stop talking to me? I am very picky.. the other week a guy messaged me on a dating site and he seemed like a potential.. we talked for a few days.. then we exchanged numbers and now nothing. he ghosted me more or less. I know I didn’t say or do anything wrong. we talked about what we did for work, hobbies, travel, animals, etc.

I did notice though that his profile said "looking to date but nothing serious".. so I guess that would mean that he is just wanting "fun" and I'm not so maybe he figured he could get me for a night but gave up because I wasn't showing any of that. who knows..

I just wish I knew why I am still single at my age. I’m 35 and people are shocked to know I’m single. it’s getting old for me.. I might want kids. I want to get married. but I certainly will not settle just so I’m not alone.. hopefully someone great will come and stick around. if not, then I guess I would like to know that too so I don’t think I will meet someone.

over 6 years ago
rebo's photo

Rebo (rebo)

543 posts

dating sited should be called faking sites. hardly anyone reliable there.

over 6 years ago
javi85's photo

Javi (javi85)

268 posts

I agree Rebo. That’s why I do not trust dating sites. Jenny, what if the guy God has for you is not in the type of male you are open to meeting? Have you ever thought of that? You should not be so picky at your age.

over 6 years ago

Javi sorry but exactly why should Jenny not be picky? Since when has age got anything to do with settling for just anyone for the sake of not being alone! Thats a very close minded statement ! Im sure God would not want Jenny to settle for just anyone either! Dont be so closeminded & judgemental!

over 6 years ago

Jenny whatever happened to your interest in power of manifestation and vision board? You need to stop this negativity. You are smart and attractive and your time will come where you will be with the right guy. So dont give up!

over 6 years ago
javi85's photo

Javi (javi85)

268 posts

Kitty, I am not close minded for telling her to let God decide who is best for her. I don’t believe there is just one person out there for us. Jenny needs to let God put love in her path.

over 6 years ago
monas didn't upload a photo

Eva (monas)

309 posts

Well there is no god. He or she doesn’t exist. So what should i do then? I don’t believe in any god. You do what you feel Jenny. I’m single but most of my friends have relationships, however they don’t judge me, they haven’t turned their Backs on me and we still go out and have fun. When the time is right, he will come, and if not, so what.

over 6 years ago

Actually Javi its Jenny’s choice what she decides its not up to you or anyone actually. And you said she should not be picky at her age! I find that insulting and closeminded. Don’t force your beliefs onto others.

over 6 years ago
chree didn't upload a photo

Chree (chree)

262 posts

Well Jenny it’s good to see your actually putting yourself out there & no you really don’t have to settle. But just take a chance. As for Javi ignore what he says, he truly has no idea about life. I feel your traped in a very negative thought pattern. You need to change your thoughts, what happened to the guy you claim is your “twin”.. personally I feel your not doing the work in which you need to do. Get yourself on YouTube & find meditations to do. Stop with these silly psychics that just say what you wanna hear. Cause if that guy truly is yours you have to constantly work for it. He won’t just appear outta thin air. Go on some dates it’s possiblely what the universe wants you to learn before it gives you your one. Stop being so down all the time lift yourself up. & stop getting psychic advice it’s not healthy.. work on yourself for yourself & the guy Gods picked for you will gravitate to you..

over 6 years ago

Stop looking at any guy you start speaking to as a potential boyfriend. Get to know them before you cast a title, hell some of the best relationships were with people that I least expected. Let things unfold naturally. Why not say, you want to meet for x? Try going outside your comfort zone. Some people wont give you the time of day if you want to play phone buddy. I do it, I loose interest. Being too picky, well that is a broad spectrum to touch on. Picky comes in many definitions. What are you being picky on?

over 6 years ago

126 posts

I would give guys a chance if the men who are my type actually went through with meeting me and didn’t drop off the face of the earth.

I do feel I have a right to be picky. I settled in the past and was extremely unhappy. I let men abuse me and use me because I thought I couldn’t do any better. now I have standards and self respect and know what I’m looking for.

If the guy I like does contact me, great.. if not, then hopefully someone better or like him comes along.

I am being as open as I can but I will not compromise my beliefs for a man. I am a spiritual person and was raised Catholic. I believe in psychics and spirituality. a lot of the men who write me don’t believe in God. I do. I need someone who has some type of faith in God.

I also would like to bring a significant other to visit my relatives in Austria.. a lot of the men who write me don’t even know where Austria is or think it’s Australia.

I also would like to find someone with a similar education. I am very proud of the fact I have a bachelor’s degree and I almost finished two master’s degrees. I don’t plan to finish them but it’s still something.

I may sound stuck up but so be it. I have confidence and self respect. I lacked that in my younger years and dated all types of guys and was unhappy.

over 6 years ago

126 posts

I want to find someone who’s doing better than me too. a lot of the guys who write have mental health issues. yes, I have my own struggles but dating someone with problems would only add fuel to the fire. I need someone who has his head on straight. it would help me do better and be better.

and yes, I’m 35. but I have a right to be picky. thanks to those of you who support that.

I lived my life thinking I was nobody and finally have new found confidence. yes, I still struggle but I’m a lot better than where I was a few years ago. when you like yourself most days it makes a huge difference.

two of my friends who are well known psychics tell me contact is coming from the guy I like.. I try to believe it will happen but if it doesn’t like I said I’m open to meeting someone else . but I’m not settling. plus, my parents have to approve of who I am with. I will not be with someone my mom or dad dislike.. I love my parents too much to lose a relationship with them over a guy.. my mom hated my last boyfriend.. he got me in trouble. she told me from the beginning that he was bad news and I never listened. my mom was right..

over 6 years ago

Chree (chree)

262 posts

You know what jenny. This is the best I’ve ever heard you sound. Your showing that your standing up for your self & getting Stronger. Girl you be as picky as you wanna be stuff what others say. Can I just suggest you try some simple chakra clearings on YouTube. Solar plexus is a great one to give you more self confidence. Your finding your voice & I tottaly Applude you. Only suggestion stop with the readings & trust yourself more. You keep going girl ok

over 6 years ago

126 posts

I got my aura and chakra cleansed recently by an expert. I do feel better. I’m not as emotional as I used to be and am a bit more positive.

I’ve kept readings to a minimum. I used to read daily with several psychics and now it’s just here and there. I have 3 that I would go to now. I keep in touch with all of them regularly so we have a good connection – not just as client/psychic but as friends, too. I think that’s important.

over 6 years ago

126 posts

by the way.. thanks for the nice comments Chree. I appreciate them.

over 6 years ago

Chree (chree)

262 posts

I can sence a difference in you Jenny & it makes me happy. I’m relived your not getting so many readings. It is a dangerous trap to fall into. After each reading you should try & protect your energy too. Sounds your doing really well happy you’re got someone helping with your chakras. YouTube is a good option for when your not able to see them it’s always good to try doing your own too.

Your welcome I’m just happy to see you Seam to be doing a lot better then you were. Just keep it up you’ll get there

over 6 years ago
light4you's photo

Jodie (light4you)

1268 posts

I would be happy to help. Only 99 cent a min!