"Notes From The Previous Weekend Read-a-thon" (01/26/09)

over 12 years ago

THESE THINGS ARE ALWAYS RELEVANT IN MY READINGS.

(TAKEN FROM MY OLD PERSONAL BLOG, & CROSS-POSTED IN MY NEW AGE BLOG.)

It’s still important to keep track of what you really want, especially if you’ve got it all covered. All you need to do is choose what is it what you want to accomplish, for instance, & why would you want to do it, then make sure you’re into it, so you’d be able to figure out how to get it going, & you’re all set for success. As always, however, be careful with what you wish for.

In order to make way for new things in our lives, we should make space for them by clearing out the old, outdated, & especially chipped, frayed, or broken. Then if you’re feeling too yin, make sure to incorporate more yang into your sphere (& vice versa).

Faith in a Higher Power is still vital. But faith doesn’t come without responsibility. Faith is actually proactive, & always positive. It’s OK to slip & doubt & wail & sulk whenever we lose touch of our faith & goals, but as long as we keep our eyes on the proverbial ball, so to speak, we’ll stay in the game. :P

“Oh, & your job is not to think against yourself, & as long as you don’t think against yourself, all your desires will naturally manifest.” (via David Cameron)

Listen to your heart. The heart & mind may say different things on certain occasions, but learn to listen to what your heart has to say when it’s called for, like regarding love & romance. Of course, thinking twice about your issues is good, & it’s better to be safe than sorry regarding messy relationships (infidelity & adultery, anyone?) but if your heart tells you to take the plunge & trust in your feelings, by all means do so. If your heart is telling you not to settle for less, then go right ahead as well, get packing & move on. Easier said than done, of course. Honestly, I’m really that messed up myself. All I know is that I have an ongoing love affair with tarot & tai chi & my favorite local band performance & feng shui & my day job (yeah, right, WTF, LOL). I go along with whatever I’m in the mood for at the moment, as long as I’m within bounds, like when I’m at work.

Always be thankful for everything you’ve received. Relish how you’ve come a long way, & whether you admit or not, you really wouldn’t have gotten by without at least a little help from your friends & family. Be kind to others, especially those less fortunate. A little charity work would go a long way.

We still make our own destiny. But how would we be able to do so if we don’t know ourselves that much? & if we aren’t the least bit patient? There’s a time for everything, so we should pace ourselves. Change doesn’t happen overnight, after all.

Our birthdays are the most wonderful time to set things straight with ourselves for once & for all, in case New Year celebrations don’t really cut it. It’s the best time to indulge ourselves, & to reflect where we’re headed next. Having a low-key celebration is fine, but let’s always make it a point to be happy, no matter what.

MOURNING TAKES TIME. People grieving for a loss of a loved one will go through a long period of accepting the change, picking up the pieces, & maybe even purging whatever guilt & regret that they may feel for or because of the departed. Commitments may suffer as a result, as depression isn’t easy to snap out of. Oh, if only other people surrounding the bereaved could only be more patient & understanding… DON’T THINK THAT THEY CAN JUST SNAP OUT OF IT.

I actually abhor sexism, despite my closeness with my late father & my youngest brother & growing up with more affinity to guys than girls. I’m all for girl power & alpha femininity & la vie boheme et cosmopolite. I’m just getting to savor my license to be unapologetically sappy, prissy, & superficial, whenever applicable. I’m always happy for other ladies who’d take a stand & not settle for anything less, especially in relationships. It’s OK to play damsel in distress, but please, not for long. If you can’t take guys who are noncommittal, then don’t. There should be dealbreakers, unless you’d be willing to wait it out & see what happens, especially when there are certain valid reasons why things aren’t going the way they’re supposed to.

Readings can be PAINFUL. They can tell you about issues you really wouldn’t to hear but you probably need to if you want a way out of your present situation or karmic cycle. It’s still up to you whether or not to take heed. But any indication of help, especially when you need it the most, is always welcome, isn’t it? It’s always worthwhile to try things out at least once. If it doesn’t work out, then fine, on to the next possible cure.

Communication is actually very difficult. Personally, I’ve majored in it plus public relations, but I’m still bad with it, especially when it comes to people I’m supposed to care about the most. I easily lose my temper, get defensive, & say the worst things imaginable but at least despite that I’d always try to reach a resolution. Sigh. Haha, it’s a good thing I’m always at my best behavior (as if) with my clients upfront.