Twice in a Blue Moon? What to Expect As a Result of the Next Blue Moon in Five Parts

over 6 years ago
dravengrey's photo

Draven Grey (dravengrey)

63 posts

PART ONE:

As the saying goes, “once in a blue moon,” meant to remind us of how rare some events in life can be. But this year has certainly epitomized what this statement means, whether you’re aware of it, or not. From the highest positions in the world, to the lowest seats of society, the forthcoming energy of the next blue moon will be a test of human endurance, which will come into play on March 31st. Of course, a Blue Moon occurs when a single month contains two full moons, which if you will recall, also occurred in January. This is by virtue of the February Black Moon, an extra New Moon in the shortest month of the year, which occurs once every 19 years. This event is created by January having two Full Moons, thus giving March two Full Moons, as well.

Big things are happening, whether you want them to, or not. Things bigger than any one person, larger than any group in society, are coming for all of us, for better or for worse. We have already seen, since Jupiter started its transit through Scorpio back in October, the launch of the #MeToo movement, as well as #TimesUp. Jupiter moving through Scorpio is an event that I have been referring to as “Scorpio’s Revenge,” and all indications show that it is far from finished. Jupiter is perhaps the most virtuous Planet, in that it will always strive to move us in the direction that we “ought” to go in. Rebelling against this position can be very tricky, especially if you are rebelling by way of a hypocritical stance or a stance that is filled with nihilism. Jupiter’s aim is to expand, even when it is in retrograde, but in retrograde Jupiter is able to hone in on more specific features of society, to invoke the expansion that it aims to create.

Jupiter’s time in Scorpio is certainly nothing to scoff at! Scorpio is represented in Tarot as the Death card, which is the nature of changes and transformations, and shows the stages of change that are required, in order to achieve the greatest possible result. Again, going against the grain and fighting against these changes will be of no use, but more interestingly, with Neptune and Pluto both being in their preferred Zodiac signs, this enables Jupiter to have an astonishingly profound effect on society as a whole, especially younger generations.

The best thing to do is ready yourself for the ensuing changes that will emerge and be open to said changes. Rebelling is the worst thing that you can do, and even if you think that various aspects of society and not changing your world view won’t impact you, I would implore you to rethink this position. One of the hardest things in life is realizing, so often far too late, that everything one thought one knew was inherently wrong. But knowing how to use moments like this to create a furthered understanding for what the world, the universe, and even life is, can help to create empathy for others, as well as can create a deeper capacity for finding acceptance in the curve balls that life throws our way.

Part Two will include what the specific astrology will look like on the day of the Full Moon, on March 31st, where I hope that you will gain an understanding for the short term and long term implications for this very powerful energy of change that will be forthcoming.

over 6 years ago
dravengrey's photo

Draven Grey (dravengrey)

63 posts

PART TWO:

SUN IN ARIES (March 20th, 2018 – April 20th, 2018): The Sun in Aries, the first star in the first sign, is very virtuous in its placement especially for there being such a strong energy present during the second Blue Moon of the year. The sun is best suited in this sign, because of the natural flow of the Zodiac and the quest for individuality that the sun ascribes for each of us. As such, Aries is the Emperor card in Tarot. This is the naturally flowing ability for adhering to fortitude and creates a stance of conquest that begets strife and then ultimately victory. Aries, the season of Spring in the Tropic of Cancer, is a perfect time in the Zodiac for trying new things and creating endeavors, especially when there is a Blue Moon during Aries. The fortitude that this creates is very positive, certainly, but one thing to watch out for is to make sure that self-interest is not the driving position from your perspective. Finding ways to do things for a greater good or to help those with the work that you do, to benefit others, in lieu of yourself, can help the karma boomerang to send this back your way down the road.

MOON IN LIBRA (March 30th, 2018 – April 1st, 2018): The Moon in Libra is very fitting for this Blue Moon. Represented by the two of swords, this moon enables peace and tranquility, which are able to be found if we just close our eyes and let the Universe guide us forward. This can represent the nature of a crossroads, and in this case, I would absolutely say that it does, because of the changes that are so apparent in the other parts of the Planets’ placement in the Zodiac. Fighting this leads to discord, disharmony, strife, fatigue, and frustration. An important element of this to remember is that changing the way that you look at the world, even if it is just to empathize with those that you might have a difficult time empathizing with, is a requirement for this to be felt in its most virtuous stance.

MERCURY (RETROGRADE) IN ARIES (March 6th, 2018 – May 13th, 2018): Mercury, the Planet that rules Gemini and Virgo, finds its position in Aries during this Blue Moon, in retrograde. This is another VERY important part of this to pay attention to. Hypocrisy is to be avoided, at all costs, while this energy is in full swing. This can lead to events in life that are able to be very explosive just by way of choosing to take on a more hypocritical stance. Even if it is something that you might think is benign, I cannot stress enough the importance of avoiding hypocrisy during this time. Use the understanding of how negative hypocrisy can be, to allow your thoughts and viewpoints to change. I would give specific examples of this, but I certainly wouldn’t want to upset anyone, nor would I want to find myself in a position of inadvertently becoming hypocritical. As a Gemini, hypocrisy is one of the traits on my negative spectrum that I have spent a lifetime striving to avoid. The way I have avoided this is by saying what I mean and meaning what I say, but I have also found that to judge anyone for anything is the fastest road towards hypocrisy. None of this would be as big of a deal, were it not for the Blue Moon, Jupiter in Scorpio, and even Uranus in Aries. Of course, the same rules will apply to travel, communication, misunderstandings, etc., as is typical of any Mercury retrograde. But do prepare for this one to be quite tumultuous. The dates of the Mercury retrograde will be from March 23rd through April 15th.

Part Three will contain information about the effects of Venus during this time, written in two parts, because on the day of the Blue Moon, Venus will be shifting from Aries to Taurus, which can have a huge impact on the fortitude that can be felt in positions that transform from friendship to love.

over 6 years ago
dravengrey's photo

Draven Grey (dravengrey)

63 posts

PART THREE:

VENUS PART ONE: VENUS IN ARIES (March 6th, 2018 – March 31st, 2018): Venus in Aries is the equivalent to getting the Emperor and the Empress in a Tarot reading, to an extent. The energies in the 2018 Venus in Aries cycle are going to have a strong presence of friendship that will forge strong lasting bonds, many of which will be felt in a powerfully driven way. This is where people coming together to make plans, deals, arrangements, etc., in such a way that it ignores a self-serving disposition, will find a remarkable initiative in such ventures. This is one of the most positive elements of the placement of the stars during this cycle, because of the ways that this will create an undeniable need to be outgoing, to connect with others, and will create the ability to dance like nobody’s watching! Don’t be afraid to be emboldened, to stand up for what you believe in. And certainly hold strong to the courage of your convictions! The last day of Venus in Aries is the day of the Blue Moon, but this energy will carry over, strongly, where both effects of the respective Zodiac signs on the Planet Venus will be extraordinary.

VENUS PART TWO: VENUS IN TAURUS (March 31st, 2018 – April 24th, 2018) through Venus in Taurus, occurring at the latter parts of the Blue Moon, has a tremendous impact on the nature of love and relationships, and also provides the means for relationships to be felt in a lighthearted, yet deeply emotional way. Venus rules Taurus (as well as Libra), so it is virtuous in this stance, as it enables the creation and fortitude of romance, while incorporating the elements of a relationship that are drawn to deeper commitments. This energy will be playing a positive role for people all across the globe, if close attention is paid to the nature of what is needed to find this greater stance of virtue, as subscribed by the other Planets during this time. This shows that, even in the most chaotic times, peace can be felt by way of love, and beauty can be appreciated through shared experiences, that allow stronger stances for change to emerge and unfold.

Part Four will contain information about the Planets Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn, giving you a greater understanding for what this energy will be carrying forward.

over 6 years ago
dravengrey's photo

Draven Grey (dravengrey)

63 posts

PART FOUR:

MARS IN CAPRICORN (March 17th, 2018 – May 16th, 2018):Mars in right where it wants to be, in the Earth sign of Capricorn, but with the opposing Planets in opposing signs, this can also be a VERY hindering factor, personality-wise, when it comes to the effects of the Blue Moon and the other astrological and astronomical events that are occurring. This energy is all about ego, but it is also about the drive that ego can create, to benefit work projects, new endeavors, business, finance, etc. Ego is attached to everyone, but to weaponize the ego for the benefits of self-interest will want to be avoided, as this will be able to lead to a position of feeling trapped and in turmoil. While Mars is in Capricorn, focusing on the elements of work, career, and finance that are able to be beneficial for everyone involved is of the utmost importance. This is in contrast to the positions of the Sun and Venus in Aries, specifically because of ego, but focusing on the overall benefit of any work related endeavors, and not so much about the paycheck that is the reward, is something that will help you to adhere to the more virtuous positions of the Blue Moon energy, and will create a more tranquil initiative.

JUPITER (RETROGRADE) IN SCORPIO (October 10th, 2017 – November 8th, 2018): I covered this extensively in the paragraphs above, because this is the main theme that the world is taking in right now. Virtue meets transformation is how this should be viewed, and I feel that I can’t state that enough. The Zodiac is experiencing much tumult and is testing the stance of human nature, but knowing this and knowing how to combat this, to become the best versions of ourselves, is all we can ever do. C’est la vie! Retrograde dates will be from March 8th through July 10th.

SATURN IN CAPRICORN (December 29th, 2017 – March 21st, 2020: Saturn, as a Planet, will test you every chance it gets. God help anyone that is born with Saturn in Capricorn, as it is able to create a nature of ruthlessness that is hard to find paralleled. Saturn will go out of its way, in the course of someone’s life, to allow opportunities to overcome ruthlessness, and for those that pass these tests, life can be VERY rewarding. But going through this position, as a human being, can make for late breaking news cycles, and will be showing in everyone from business owners to world leaders, lessons in humility, which is going to be going hand in hand with Scorpio’s revenge, as Jupiter makes its way through that cycle. This cycle will end up being the repercussions of Jupiter in Scorpio, as events come down the pike. This is going to have a heavy impact on #MeToo and #TimesUp, as well as the #NeverAgain movement. This will also, for the next couple of years create a rollercoaster of instability in financial institutions, banks, bitcoin, etc. on a global scale. Using caution while this energy is present will be absolutely required, especially when it comes to the ways that you are able to move forward with the courage of your convictions. I do want to prepare each and every one of you for political discourse from all angles, in every capacity. Whether you’re in the U.S. or a different country, politics come from both sides and a center. The left and right can be so far out there, that they will form a circle, where what is typically thought of as center becomes more and more challenging to experience.

Part Five will contain information about the outmost Planets Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto giving a deepened understanding for how this energy will be emerging.

over 6 years ago
dravengrey's photo

Draven Grey (dravengrey)

63 posts

PART FIVE:

URANUS IN ARIES (May 27th, 2010 – May 15th, 2018): Expect the unexpected. And don’t be stubborn! This has been making a very, very long transit that, for me, has seemed to be never ending, but has been very rewarding since it began. Since this energy started, I have come back full time to Keen, after having a stressful and demanding position for AT&T. I have moved from Las Vegas, lived there for two years, and then moved back to Missouri, to purchase my parent’s home, so that they could downsize, have gotten married, etc. So it certainly has been a time of experiencing unexpected, yet very rewarding events.

NEPTUNE IN PISCES (February 3rd, 2012 – March 30th, 2025): Create, don’t destroy! Unless it’s your ego! This is a demand that Neptune is able to establish, when moving through Pisces, but having an understanding for how to overcome the challenges that the ego can create will be a vital tool over this 14 year cycle. Look within, to understand what is outside. As of February 3, 2012, Neptune made the jump from Aquarius into Pisces, starting the long and often contentious navigation through one of its preferred signs of the Zodiac. This placement is very disorienting, as Neptune is the Planet of Illusion. Neptune can create deception, in many forms, in everything from communication to science. Positively, the virtues of Neptune create a position that enables a greater feeling of connectedness to the Universe, and can strengthen the levels of empathy that people are able to feel with each other. This governs the subconscious and unconscious parts of the mind, but from this, it can create deepened understandings about personal spirituality, spiritual growth, but can also tear down institutions that are deeply personal to us, forcing us to change how we view the world and the Universe. This is why during Mercury in Aries, paying close attention to other view points and not subscribing to positions of hypocrisy will be incredibly important. Throughout the entirety of this cycle, disruption created by intentional confusion, delusion, and attributes that are in question will be themes at times, but Neptune has the capacity to heal these initiatives when in Pisces, allowing us to become strengthened in self-worth, knowing who we are, and loving who we will become.

PLUTO IN CAPRICORN (November 27th, 2008 – March 23rd, 2023: This is the longest cycle, Pluto’s transition period, because it is the Planet that is furthest away. This energy began on November 27, 2008 and will last until March 23, 2023. It will, very briefly, enter into Aquarius for a few months, and then will have one final stint within the Sign of Capricorn, from June 10, 2023 until January 20, 2024. It’s interesting to look at the attributes that this pairing of Planet and Zodiac sign have, knowing, in hindsight, how things have gone down thus far. And seeing how things are now, and then looking at the dates, knowing what’s coming… WHEW!! Capricorn rules the aspects of our lives that create stability, work, money and finances, etc. Pluto is the Planet of rebirth and transformation. As the ruling Planet of Scorpio, it certainly makes sense that it would take on similar characteristics, but Pluto in conjunction with Capricorn can be quite a ride. Power struggles are imminent during this time in politics, and other systems of control, such as religion, large corporations, etc. This can be good and bad, depending on which side of the struggle you’re on. Capricorn is able to take on a stance of order, diplomacy, and processes of due diligence don’t go unnoticed… unless Pluto says “no.” It would seem to me that Pluto is gaining a stronger and stronger grip over Capricorn, but then as Capricorn sees that which is unjust, defiant to its nature, it fights back. Because of the balance that these two characters bring to the table, the transforming impact on society is going to be quite profound. “May you live in interesting times,” Ancient Chinese Curse.

I know that this can be a lot to take in, and certainly can be difficult to comprehend if delving into the nuances of astrology isn’t what you’re used to, but I am more than happy to let you know how this energy will impact you based on your personal birth chart. Come by for a chat, and we will take a look at what this energy means for you, as well as what you will see developing as a result of this very special and challenging time in the Zodiac. For those of you that I have read for before, I am looking forward to hearing back from you, and for those that I have yet to meet, I am certainly looking forward to making your acquaintance.

Best Wishes, Draven :)