GPTPaid.Com: Share Knowledge for Money - BitWine

over 16 years ago
alon's photo

Alon Cohen (alon)

239 posts

Share Knowledge for Money – BitWine

By: http://gptpaid.com/?p=39

BitWine http://www.BitWine.com is a website that allows you earn money online by sharing knowledge with others. How does it work? If you have personal or professional knowledge and experience in a specific topic or field, you can sign up to be a BitWine Advisor and make money by charging a per minute rate for clients (other Bitwine members) who require help on specific topics.

For example, if you were very familiar with Apple computers, you could probably get paid to answer questions or offer tips based on your personal experience or knowledge.

Interaction between you and client will usually take place through Skype, a free internet phone network. BitWine automatically records the length of the session and the client will make payment to you via Paypal after the session has concluded.

What happens after? The client will leave a feedback for your service, which will be a form of reference for other potential/future BitWine members…

The gist of it is simple. You’re selling your time and knowledge to others who lack the specific skillset or information you have. What is very cool about this service is that you ultimately determine how much you should charge per minute.

How much should you charge? I took a quick look around BitWine’s website: Most of the advisors specializing in fields such as PC troubleshooting, translation or web design charged around a dollar a minute.

This should be a rate to eventually adopt, although you might want to lower it when you first start out without any references.

Signing up as an Advisor is free, however you’ll need to install Skype, the BitWine Taskbar and set up a Premier or Business Paypal account. The taskbar records the length of the session as well rates and earnings. Clients can also use it to easily search for advisors without entering the BitWine website…

What’s Cool.

BitWine is currently in beta testing- no commission is charged for each session. Open to members from all Paypal-supported countries

Services will be listed on BitWine indefinitely untill cancelled Ability to set up a button on blogs/websites to advertise services

What’s Not

Payment limited to Paypal Limited membership base – no guarantee of clients

Verdict

I think BitWine is promising because it allows a regulated exchange of information between clients and advisors. Is this a great way to make some extra cash? Definitely. Because you really don’t need to spend money to make money.

What’s required is just your personal time, a Paypal account and an internet connection. I imagine that talking with other clients about what you love or know is a rather fun process.

Do try it if you’re interested and please leave a comment if you ever get an assignment. I’ll be really interested to hear how it went…