So its official winter is on its way and if your from the great state of Illinois you know what it means

over 8 years ago
psychichelena's photo

Psychic Helena Louis (psychichelena)

76 posts

Winter is on in crank-en i think we all have that dread of the bitter cold and fear of starting your car just to keep the motor from freezing.

The whole shovel bit where you are knee deep in snow piled high and cleaning the windows of your car every ten mins just in case you have to rush to the groceries store ahh the sweet winter wonderland we call home ,,,

That bitter cold morning when you walk from your house to the mail box and know you may have gotten frost bite or worse hypothermia,,

You start to wish you was in a tropical island and then realty sits in. You realize oh dear lord why do i live here again,,,

Why do we live here so many state tropical an wondrous yet where here one generation after the next complaining about the weather the bitter cold the dreadful thunder snow that we be getting for the last five years.

What the heck are we thinking ill tell you, I’ll say it first we love this city we love to complaint we love looking at Michigan ave and wearing three layers of cloths to get to the mail box we love snow days and i know for a fact Christmas wouldn’t feel like Christmas in anything above 20 degrees black Friday shivering in line for that tv just wouldn’t feel the same hot chocolate in standing in line for five hours ending up buying things you did not come for and thinking i knew i should’ve worn my long johns today .

We love arguing about green bay (cheese heads) praying that there not the team we have to beat to get to the play offs Cause Da bears are the best.

I have been in many states and even country’s but this is and always will be home no matter the temperature or the snow fall total, Its where we are from. and there is no other that would ever compare to that feeling you get when your still wearing your snow boots for Easter or you have to get plowed out of your driveway for spring break…

I am a true Chicagoan and if your readings this and smiling thinking (EXACTLY) So are you.

Brace Yourself s Its here TRUE CHICAGOAN

So get ready cause here we go again thank god for our city and may god bless and provide for all who live here and keep you warm and fed throughout the next 6 months lol have a good winter Lets Go CUBS and lets pray the DA BEARS take down those silly Cheese heads