IN-AUTHENTIC PSYCHICS & HOW TO SPOT THEM

over 8 years ago
readings_with_nicole didn't upload a photo

Nicole Bowman (readings_with_nicole)

116 posts

Hi Bitwiners=) I hope you are all doing well today! Writing to you because I think it is important to explain how to spot in-authentic psychics. I’ve kept the list down to 5 tips but I invite you to comment and leave your own tips!

1. THEY ASK YOU LOTS OF PERSONAL QUESTIONS: People who are not truly psychic have to ask you questions because they are not picking up on any psychic information. So, they formulate an answer based upon what you tell them. Usually, the answer falls in line with what you want to hear: the person you like is your soul mate, you’re going to win the settlement, the person who left you six months ago is coming back to marry you, your married partner is going to leave their spouse for you. As you can see all of these things sound good, but do they actually happen?

2. THEY ADVERTISE 100% ACCURACY: This is a big red flag. No psychic is 100% accurate, even psychics who have been certified and tested. In fact, those of us who have been tested (and I am one of them) usually fall within the 80-90% accuracy range. So if someone is saying they are 100% clear or even 98% clear I would be cautious. They are saying that to pull you in and keep you coming back for more readings, not tell you the truth.

3. PREDICTIONS JUST DON’T COME TRUE: This cycles back to what I just touched on, telling you what you want to hear. Sadly, what we want to hear is not always the truth. It sounds and feels great in the moment, but then, six months later you still haven’t gotten the new job or the new relationship or reconciled with the ex. In fact, maybe the ex moved on to someone new and you’re left wondering why you’ve had no contact with them in weeks. Then, when you confront the psychic and they tell you to just wait a little longer and you will see things unfold. This is done to get you hooked and keep you coming back for more readings. It sounds good. So, you keep coming, hoping that things will change. Unfortunately, they rarely do.

4. THEY GUARANTEE TO GET YOUR LOVER BACK: This is problematic for a whole host of reasons. First off, a guarantee is akin to being 100% accurate, which none of us are. Secondly, what if your lover doesn’t want to come back? Thirdly, what if the relationship really is over and you need to move on to bigger and better things? I have done readings for many clients who have been promised such things and the lovers did not come back because they were not supposed to. Messages like that appeal to your emotions and desperation but rarely yield positive results. Holding on to the past holds us back. Our spirits want to move forward. Letting go is scary, but necessary at times.

5. THEY DON’T EMPOWER YOU: This falls in line with getting you hooked on readings. In-authentic psychics tend to tell you what you want to hear. They don’t usually offer advice or action steps to make your dreams come true. Doing so empowers you and makes you stronger. Ethical workers will be straight with you. Sometimes we have to make wiser choices, take a class, or leave a relationship to get things moving. Canned readings usually tell you to just sit back and wait & what you want will just come to you. They don’t force you to exercise personal responsibility for your actions and choices. This usually puts people in a cycle of disappointment because nothing that was promised is happening, but at the same time the client isn’t doing anything to change their life for the better.

Remember to trust yourself above any psychic, medium, or spiritual worker! You are powerful!

ALWAYS

NICOLE

LIVE THE LIGHT

over 8 years ago
bluedragon's photo

Robin Bluedragon (bluedragon)

2048 posts

Good article and it should help clients figure out who is being honest and who isn’t….

over 8 years ago

116 posts

Thanks Robin. I liked the article you wrote on this topic too.

over 8 years ago
countmarco didn't upload a photo

⚜ Count Marco ⚜ (countmarco)

129 posts

Great article Nicole especially Point 5; “they do not empower you” – The client MUST feel connected and empowered by the reader. This is for me an absolute. As a reader if I feel its not just there, or the connection is not happening I advise them so. Better for us both that they move on. Its like a feeling of when it works, it really works for both client and reader. We should not be afraid to help empower with Truth! Be Blessed.

over 8 years ago

116 posts

Thank you Count Marco. Yes. Empowerment is key!