A few rules to a successful reading thus eliminating the urge to kill your reader...

over 10 years ago
monika_lee's photo

The Psychic Surgeon (monika_lee)

8 posts

Time and again I encounter the same utterly avoidable problems clients have had in readings. So in the interest of people having a productive session, and gaining actual information they need I recommend you live by the following…

1). General readings are a no no. If you are gonna go swimming you may as well get wet. Everyone has seen the woman who gets in the pool hair and makeup immaculate and spends their time trying to elegantly doggie paddle. I personally hate them and struggle to fight the urge to splash the hello kitty out of them. If you ask for a general reading, what you are gonna get is general. What a yawn, not to mention a general reading is an open invitation to the disingenuous reader to be as vague as humanly possible.

Go in armed, with specific things you want touched on. If they are any good they will pick up on it. Choose a jumping off point for your reader to sink their spiritual teeth into. Are you any good without a direction? No, so it’s a bit Diana Ross without the hair to expect your reader to be flawless when you say just see what comes in. I will tell you for most, it will be a big old helping of creativity.

2). If they can’t establish a connection in the first three minutes and make a few validations for you, then do a Forest and RUN!! Contrary to popular belief establishing a connection is not something that you need a nap for prior to. If the connection is there it presents itself pretty quickly. Takes me roughly 30 seconds to tune in. If I don’t have it, I end the session, no charge.

3). Channel every ounce of control and when you have a reading on a specific matter, give the information given the chance to manifest. One of my biggest complaints is that predictions don’t happen and timelines and frames are incorrect. When this happens I find one of three things and sometimes all three are at play. First, do remember you have free will. And WE ALL make mindless choices everyday that seem to have no consequence but when acted out can and often do greatly alter your future. NOTHING, not a damn thing in life is fated. EVER!! Even when your life seems immensely stagnant things are always in flux. So allow for that.

Another major factor which goes largely unnoticed is when you have a reading on the same thing many times and in close succession you effectively kill the chance for it to occur. Because boys and girls, every time you get some amazing psychic to look at it, you effectively stop forward movement and the universe hits the great big fat reset button. Essentially when you continuously question something what you are saying is gosh I love pondering this. So the universe says ok, ponder long as you like.

Not what ya had in mind baby? So use someone you instinctively trust. and learn to release it and let it happen. When you live in a wide awake state you see and feel all kinds of signs and messages telling you the score long before anyone as awesome as myself comes along. Watched pot, blah blah, get it?

Also many a reader when they get you will unknowingly pick up on left over residue from other readers and regurgitate the same stuff. Without a real clue they are doing it. And you also need to make allowances for the intensity of want coming out of you. That can easily be picked up as fact when in reality it’s plain old want.

A really good deeply detailed reading does not mean it needs to be 3 hours. You can get heaps of info, validations, and all manner of fab stuff in 30 to 60 minutes. and that’s the long end of the spectrum.

Love and cosmic kisses, M

over 10 years ago
estherlibra didn't upload a photo

EstherLibra (estherlibra)

1569 posts

Dear Monika,

Thanks for writing this – besides great information and ideas it also gave me a laugh.

Esther

over 10 years ago
psychic.cheryl's photo

Psychic.Cheryl (psychic.cheryl)

35 posts

Thank you Esther for this posting you have took the words right out of my mind as Queen would say lol …. I don’t always have the chance to read your posts but when i do it so makes sense ….. Wishing you many lovely clients and keep up the good work …. Love Psychic Cheryl x

over 10 years ago
estherlibra didn't upload a photo

EstherLibra (estherlibra)

1569 posts

Dear Cheryl,

Acutally it is Monika we need to thank, I just came across this whilst having my morning coffee and I wanted to bump it up because I thought it was too good for everyone to miss out on.

I cannot take the credit for this one.

All the best ESTHER