what can I do to change this pattern

over 10 years ago

My name is Mayluva Oulatae Dupree. I go by May. My question is about my current living situation. I want to move from where I live, yet I don’t want to move into another environment like the one I currently live in (which is basically what I did when I moved here unknowingly). The same things that happened when I moved to Oklahoma (late sept. 2012) have been ,and are, happening again here. both times my place was broken into and only things of personal value were stolen (no monetary value) but not wide screen tv or cash I had. both times this happened within a week of moving into my place. There was no sign of broken entry. so somebody had a key each time. My psychological records from the military were stolen as well. Student and teachers say things to upset me. they don’t say things to me directly. The things they say are meant to be personal. Things are said that you could only know if you had access to those records. this is because I only spoke of them while in treatment (I am a military vet with ptsd) and no other time. These things are said by students and teachers. People compare themselves to me as if to prove or convince me they are better,smarter than me and to make me feel bad about myself and my condition(s) (ptsd,old,poor,no friends or family(that are supportive of me), I am a high school dropout). I don’t understand this. I am quit and keep to myself. Why would kids half my age and younger (who graduated high school) and teachers who have friends, family, and a job feel the need to torment me. I can’t prove any of this because I don’t walk around with a video or voice recorder. People have even ‘suggested’ sucide to me when no one else was around(last thursday). It is in my records I have had thoughts of sucide. when I try to talk to someone about it or confront the persons, I am told I am taking it personally, they didn’t know, they didn’t mean it that way or they don’t recall saying that. They take advantage of the fact that I have ptsd.

I drink almost everyday now. I drink to decompress, but mainly to forget about the people who insert themselves into my life. When I try to ignore them, they try harder. I am just one person.

I am so tired of living this way. I want to move, but I don’t really have the money and don’t want to follow the same pattern I’m in now.

this is my question: What, can I do (if anything) to make this situation better for me?

I mean, the only option I see available to me is to enter into a residential treatment program. But I have a little dog (Mya) who is quite attached to me. I have no one to take care of her. I am also afraid more of my things will be stolen (I have a healing device stolen from my storage unit, yet the lock was still in place), to top it off, I will have to pay back the money I got for school. I can barely afford my monthly payments as it is. I don’t know what to do. I have to believe there is something I can do, but it gets harder every week. Initally I was going to turn down the research project because of my bad experience with the school last year. but I decided to give it another try. Just two weeks ago, two of my teachers (who were previously nice to me) started to say condescending things. not to me personally, but about my major( mathematics) and previous major(philosophy and English).